Jun 20, 2010

My Dad

So today was a really good day. Dan and I decided to go to Church with my dad today. We had a good time at Church. Then when we came home we had a little lunch and got to have a nice talk. I have been worrying about my Dad not having a job. I know that the Lord has blessed him but it still just worries me. Gosh Dang it I wish I wasn't a worrier. Anyway as most of you know I am a litte emotional:) I blame it on my dad. But in sacrament there was a talk given by a lady who talked about her dad and what she has learned from him. So i had been thinking of some things and I shared them with my Dad. I have learnd a lot but these three things I think have stuck the most with me.

1. Accept and Love everybody. My dad is really good at that. He always makes friends wherever he goes. He gets this from my Grandama Thomas. She was such a neat lady and loved to feed people and had a lot of friends. I have my Dads' personality and I can pretty much talk to anybody. I also am able to just accept people and love them.

2. Strong Work Ethic. I am soo glad my Dad taught me the value of work. He taught me to be dependable, honest, kind and it has paid off in all my jobs.

3. Faith and a Good Attitude. Through it all he always has a strong faith and doesn't give up.
He was really touched that I shared this. And I realize as I get older I appreciate my parents a lot more. It scares me that they have to get old. But I am glad that I have great relationships with them and that they are my parents.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its sounds like you have a great dad! I hope he finds a job soon.