Feb 8, 2009

Malad

Dan and I at their Headstone.




Me and Dan in front of Grandma and Grandpa Thomas's house. Now it is my cousin Beckys house.




My cousin Becky and Her husband Phil and there little boy KOlton.


The typical Thomas pictures.... sitting around the table doing what we do best:)




Hey everyone so today me, Dan and my dad got the chance to go up to good old Malad, Idaho. Now some of you are thinking where the heck is that? It is about an hour and half a way its right after the border. Well it was my cousin Jason's farewell and he was is goign to Mexico. But I have not been up there since my Grandma Thomas passed away so it was realy nice to go up there and to see a lot of my cousins. We always have a really good time when we get together. Lots of food and laughing.

But one of the great things about going up there was taking Dan to see it and show him where my grandma and grandpa lived for over 50 years and to show them the headstones where they are buried. It was cool to see the house because my cousin Becky lives there and they have kept some things the same and remodled some. She passed away on Feb 24 2006. Its hard to believe she is gone. My Grandma Thomas is one of the greatest people I ever knew. I don't think there was one person who did not like her. She didn' t care if you were black,white, or if you did something bad she just always invited you in to her house and would feed you and loved to visit. She was also very sarcastic like us Thomas's are. Whenever we would leave from visting her she would always stand on the porch and wave clear until we are at the end of the street, and she would always say, "Write when you find work." She was just such a kind and loving person and she did so much for people. I am greatful that I had a good relationship with her and that I got to know her. After my Grandpa passed away in 1996 we really got to know her more and she just loved to be with her family. Anyway it was a really great day and it was fun to see family.
I

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We past Malad on our way to Lava Hot Springs. It sounds like your grandma was a great person. That is great that you got to go up and visit.