Nov 13, 2008

For my Husband







I got this idea from my friend Teresa (she also does my hair) so if you need a good hair lady she is really good. But I thought this was a good idea. Especially since it is Thanksgiving.. .its the perfect time to tell Dan how much I love him and appreciate all he does for me. He is my best friend and I love him very much. He would do anything to make me happy. He makes me laugh and pretty much every hour he tells me he loves me. He will call me at work to just tell me that he loves me. He will leave little notes on the made bed. He works very hard to support us and just does so much for me. So here is a little history of us and some fun questions.

What is his name: Daniel Steven Isham
How long have you been married: 1 1/2 years
How long did you date? We dated fours month. He asked me on March 11 to marry him and our first date was Nov 11.
Who eats more sweets? Oh that is me.... I am a sweet aholic. Every morning he asks me, "if I am going to stop at the store and get a treat."

Whose parents do you see most? It's about equal. My mom lives in Arizona so we don't see her as much, but we usually have sunday dinner with mine or his parents like once a month or every other month. Then sometimes we call dan's parents because they like to play games, and hang out with us. We have a good time.

Who said I love you first: Dan did, I was not going to say it first even though I wanted to. He had just picked me up from the airport because I had went to my Mom's house in Arizona for Christmas. I really missed him and that was when I realized that this was the real deal. I was really scared to tell him though, because a previous relationship I had said it firs tand it didn't go so well. Anyway so he picked me up and we went back to his house and we were sitting on the couch, and I said, "I really missed you" and he said, "I missed you to," and the he said actually, " I love you" and I said it back to him. it was really sweet and he had told me that he wanted to tell me over the phone but he decided to wait until I was back. it was really sweet.

.
Who is taller? Dan I think he is 5"10 or so and I am 5"4. I have always liked the taller boys.


Who is smarter? We both are. We have our different strengths, but Dan knows alot of stuff too. He knows alot about history and politics. And he reads lots of books. I Know a lot about Children and child care, and different things. We balance each other out.

Who does the laundry? I do. But I don't mind because dan will fold it for me and put it away because I hate doing that part.

Who does the dishes? Usually me, but every once in a while he will do them.
Who pays the bills
? I do.... but Dan knows whats going on. he does not like to do it.


His guilty pleasure~ Definetly his Video games, but that is okay. He is very sweet and dosen't play them when I am here. He isn't addicted to them and it helps him wind down for the day.


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Dan does. He actually wanted m y side but I didn't like his side because its harder to get out. So I am closest to the door.

Who has more friends? Well I think I do. Dan always says I have sooo many friends and that. I am soo popular, but I am really not. But we are starting to get some married couple friends so that is nice.
\
Who cooks dinner? I do.... Dan can cook eggs and hamburgers pretty good,but I do the most. MOst nights though I don't really have to cook because Dan is working at night.

Who is more stubborn? We b oth are. Dan always says I am very passionate about things, so I don't budge.

Who kissed who first? That would be Dan. We actually kissed on our first date.Yes I know Scandulous... I was really nervous. We had already held hands and I knew Dan wanted to kiss me. He actually asked if he could, it was really sweet but I was so nervouse I was like no not ye t. But about 30 minutes later I got over it and we kissed. It was really sweet we have been kissing ever since.:)

Who asked who out first? Dan did. We had actually met at his sisters house a few weeks ago, cause his sister was setting us up but then he officially called me and asked me out on Halloween Our first date was Nov 11.

Who proposed? Dan did. He was so good and had it all planned. He had intialy wanted to do like geneology and then do the baptisms for them but it didn't work out that way. So then we just decided to go to the Salt Lake Temple and do baptisms for the dead. Well it was really cool and he got to baptize me. Well the whole time I kind of had a feeling something was up because he was really smiley and just had this look in his eyes, but then I was like no he 's not going to propose. So then after we were done he took us up to the Christus statue in the visitors center and when we got up there a tour was finishing up. So we just waited and then we was like lets go up there, so we went to get a closer look and before I knew what was happening he was down on one knee and said Megan Thomas will you marry me. It was really sweet, and I had not seen it coming. I was soo giddy the rest of the day. I was on cloud 9. It was so romantic and I loved that he had it all planned out.



Who has more siblings? We actually have the same amount. We both have five brothers and sisters. We are both the fourth child too. My family has three girls two boys, and his family has three boys two girls.

What is your favorite thing about him? I can't just pick one. But he is just the most amazing person. He makes me feel beautiful everyday, and tells me. He is so willign to do anything to help me or to make me happy. He lets me know how important our marriage is and that he wants to be worthy everyday to be my husband. He literally treats me like a Queen. He still opens my doors for me and watches my cheesy movies and goes to High School Musical with me and doesn't complain. Like my friend, Teresa he still treats me like when we were dating. He is genuine and real, and what you see is what you get. I love you very much, and thanks for all you do for me.

4 comments:

Just the 3 of us said...

Awww this was a really cute blog to read! I liked it a lot :) I'm glad that you have Dan and that he treats my big sister like she deserves. I love you lots!

Katie said...

Good blog Megan--I really liked reading about how good Dan treats you :) and how happy he makes you feel! yaya

Unknown said...

What a sweet husband you have!! He sounds like he treats you so good. You are lucky! I really loved reading about you guys.

Paige's Pages said...

Oh Megan that is so sweet! Im so glad you found each other! Talk to you soon!